Saturday, February 25, 2012

Visual contradiction

To my great joy, I recently discovered a dairy farm 30 minutes from my home, which will sell me milk from organically raised, free range cows, milked, packaged and sold on their very premises. This saves me the anguish of having to choose between driving to Kota Kinabalu once a week just to buy fresh milk, or staying in Ranau and buying the standard Malaysian UHT milk, shipped from god-knows-where, boxed in Kuala Lumpur, and air-freighted to Sabah...

The best thing of all is that Malaysians, while not great milk drinkers, have an eye for the photogenic location, and thus the dairy's secondary purpose is as a backdrop for newly-weds' photoshoots, the cool mountainous air, pale green fields and gently strolling Friesians making for a peculiarly English scene amongst the usual colourful and frenetic Sabahan landscapes. It reminds me of the Korean English Village I once lived in...

Dairy farm as wedding portrait venue. Oh Asia - how do I love thee? Let me count the ways...

2 comments:

  1. em your blog is so good you´re even getting spam! Write another one soon please or ill start advertising iphones here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm also getting comments from Anonymous! It's all terribly exciting :) Shall I delete it or leave it there as proof that not only my family reads this thing?

      Delete